I love an award. I always hope to take the time to thank the person who nominated me, and then nominate others in my community, so we can all celebrate each other. I’ve not been able to post on any of the awards this past year. So I’m starting afresh with this fun award for serious book lovers, this one is from someone who has nominated me many times – she has a wonderful blog. Thank you ajoobacats -I love being able to pay it forward…
Here are the rules..
Create a post to accept your award
Add the blog award button into your post ( save the picture to your computer and upload it) also add it to your blog as a widget.
Answer the questions asked below
Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think deserve this award
Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees
1. Where do you get inspired most to choose books to read?
My bookshelf is the first source of inspiration. Mostly because I still have many to-read books, and I check in on the authors I’ve loved, to see if they’ve released something new. I also have many friends who are bookworms like me and we blog or discuss on Goodreads.
2. Have you ever had a crush on an author? Who?
I can’t really think of a crush. I would’ve however loved meeting Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and in another time, poet Pablo Neruda.
3. Is there a genre you would like to get into but just haven’t yet?
Yes. Crime, murder and psychological thrillers. Apart from Agatha Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle and my latest Robert Galbraith, I’ve not ventured into the genre as much as I’ve wanted to.
4. Which book do you fangirl over the most?
Persuasion. Hands down. Every time I read it, I interpret it a little differently. I love Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre and Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series, so if I had to fangirl over more than one, I would pick at least four.
5. What do you enjoy most about book blogging?
I love books. I can talk about a book and discuss its virtues in my sleep if I had to. I’m working on a children’s novel and my characters are all over the place at the moment, so it gives me absolute joy to hone my craft, to write about other characters that stuck with me, the words that pulled me in and kept me wanting more, sometimes I learn what I didn’t like and get to blog about that. It is the freedom and space to discuss everything book related with a book loving community.
Here are my nominees:
I return to their blogs over and over again because I love reading what they have to say. There is absolutely no pressure to accept, it is all in the spirit of what books mean to each of us. If you do choose to accept, I would love a note so I can enjoy reading your responses.
- If you are writing a book, would you allow your characters to live with you and tell you about themselves, or would they call out to you randomly, so you can nurture their direction?
- Which author/s have grabbed your heart and mind so fast that you’ve slipped into their story unbeknownst to yourself?
- What is your favorite place to read?
- What is your least favorite genre and why?
- In terms of characters… are you drawn to quirky and eclectic or steadfast and heroic? Name a favorite.